1. Hench, L.L. and J.M. Polak, Third-generation biomedical materials. Science, 2002. 295(5557)(2002)1014-1017.
2. Ramakrishna, S., et al., Biomedical applications of polymer-composite materials: a review. Composites science and technology, 2001. 61(9)(2001) 1189-1224.
3. Niinomi, M., Recent metallic materials for biomedical applications. Metallurgical and materials transactions A, 33(3)(2002)477.
4. Niinomi, M., Mechanical properties of biomedical titanium alloys. Materials Science and Engineering: A, 1(1-2)(2008) 231-236.
5. Mahzoon, F., M. Bahrololoom, and S. Javadpour, Optimisation of novel bath for plasma electrolytic nitrocarburising of 316L stainless steel and study of tribological properties of treated steel surfaces. Surface Engineering, 2 (8)(2009)628-633.
6. Dewidar, M.M., K.A. Khalil, and J. Lim, Processing and mechanical properties of porous 316L stainless steel for biomedical applications. Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, 17(3)(2007)468-473.
7. Gurappa, I., Development of appropriate thickness ceramic coatings on 316 L stainless steel for biomedical applications. Surface and Coatings Technology, 161(1)(2002)70-78.
8. Barati Darband, G., et al., Plasma electrolytic oxidation of magnesium and its alloys: Mechanism, properties and applications. Journal of Magnesium and Alloys, 5(1) (2017) 74-132.
9. Yerokhin, A., et al., Duplex surface treatments combining plasma electrolytic nitrocarburising and plasma-immersion ion-assisted deposition. Surface and Coatings Technology, 142(2001)1129-1136.
10. Hui, P., et al., Synthesis of hydroxyapatite bio-ceramic powder by hydrothermal method. Journal of Minerals and Materials Characterization and Engineering, 9(08)(2010) 683.
11. Balamurugan, A., et al., In vitro biological, chemical and electrochemical evaluation of titania reinforced hydroxyapatite sol–gel coatings on surgical grade 316L SS. Materials Science and Engineering: C, 27(1)(2007) 162-171.
12. Cannillo, V., L. Lusvarghi, and A. Sola, Production and characterization of plasma-sprayed TiO2–hydroxyapatite functionally graded coatings. Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 28(11)(2008) 2161-2169.
13. Cantaragiu, A., et al., Electrophoretic synthesis and characterization of bioactive HAp/TiO2 thin films coated on stainless steel. Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, 12(4)(2010) 913.
14. Liu, D., H. Chou, and J. Wu, Plasma-sprayed hydroxyapatite coating: effect of different calcium phosphate ceramics. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine, 5(3)(1994)147-153.
15. Kim, H.-W., et al., Hydroxyapatite coating on titanium substrate with titania buffer layer processed by sol–gel method. Biomaterials, 25(13)(2004)2533-2538.
16. Stansbury, E.E. and R.A. Buchanan, Fundamentals of electrochemical corrosion. 2000: ASM international.
17. Jüttner, K. and W. Lorenz. Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS) of corrosion processes on inhomogeneous surfaces. in Materials Science Forum. 1989. Trans Tech Publ.