1. J. Lapin, TiAl based alloys: present status and future perspectives, Metal 5(2009)19-21.
2. P.A. Bartolotta and D.L. Krause, Titanum aluminide applications in the high speed civil transport, NASA report 209071, prepared for internatonal symposium on gamma titanium aluminides, California-San Diego, (1999).
3. K. Miyoshi, B. A. Lerch and S. L. Draper, Fretting wear of Ti-48Al-2Cr-2Nb, Tribology International, 36(2003)145–153.
4. C.L. Chu and S.K. Wu, Ion nitriding of titanium aluminides with 25-53 at.% A1 II: Corrosion properties, Surface and Coatings Technology, 78(1996)219-226.
5. D.M. Mattox, Handbook of physical vapor deposition processing, New Jersey, Noyes publication, (1998).
6. S. Taniguchi, T. Shibata and K. Takeuchi, Protectiveness CVD-Al2O3 on TiAl Intermetallic against high temperature oxidation, Material Transaction, 3(1991)299-301.
7. D.M. Mattox, Handbook of physical vapor deposition processing, Noyes Publications, New Jersey, U.S.A, (1998).
8. S. PalDey, S. C. Deevi and T. L. Alford, Cathodic arc deposited thin film coatings based on TiAl intermetallics, Intermetallics 12(2004)985–991.
9. J.C.A. Batista, C. Godoy, V. T. L. Buono and A. Matthews, Characterisation of duplex and non-duplex (Ti,Al)N and Cr–N PVD coatings, Materials Science and Engineering A, 336(2002)39–51.
10. G. Harland and G. Tompkins, Oxidation of titanium nitride in room air and in dry O2, Journal of Applied Physics, 70(1991)3876 – 3880.
11. K.B. and A. Kale, Oxidation and chemical state analysis of polycrystalline magnetron sputtered (Ti,Al)N films at ambient and liquid N2 temperatures, Vacuum Science & Technology, 18(2000)1571 - 1578.
12. D.M. Mattox, Handbook of physical vapor deposition processing, Noyes Publications, New Jersey, U.S.A, (1998).
13. J.C.A. Batista, C. Godoy, V. T. L. Buono and A. Matthews, Characterisation of duplex and non-duplex (Ti,Al)N and Cr–N PVD coatings, Materials Science and Engineering A, 336(2002)39–51.
14. M. Ahmadi, S.R. Hosseini and S.M.M. Hadavi, Comparison of auxiliary cathode and conventional plasma nitriding of gamma-TiAl alloy, Vacuum, 131(2016)89-96.
15. B. Zhao, Gas nitriding behavior of TiAl based alloys in an ammonia atmosphere, Scripta Materialia, 46-8(2002)581-586.
16. J.C. Bryar, M.H. Jacobs and M.A. Ashworth, Surface modification of TiAl based intermetallis by pressure nitriding, Surface Engineering, 16-2(2000)107-115.
17. J.C. Stinville, P. Villechaise, C. Templier, Plasma nitriding of 316L austenitic stainless steel: experimental investigation of fatigue life and surface evolution, Surface and Coatings Technology, 204(2010)1947-1951.
18. T. Jingang, Surface modification of Ti-6Al-4V alloy by cathode assiting discharge setup and conventional plasma nitriding methods, Technological Sciences, 56(2013)1858-1864.
19. L. Chen and Y. Du, Mechanical properties of (Ti,Al)N monolayer and TiN/(Ti, Al)N multilayer coatings, International Journal of Refractory Metals & Hard Materials, 25 (2007) 72–76.
20. C. Wei and J. Y. Yen, Effect of film thickness and interlayer on the adhesion strength of diamond like carbon films on different substrates, Diamond & Related Materials, 16(2007)1325–1330.
21. S.Y. Chun, Bias Voltage Effect on the Properties of TiN Films by Reactive Magnetron Sputtering, Journal of the Korean Physical Society, 56-4(2010)1134-1139.
22. B. Bhushan, Modern tribology handbook, Volume 1, Ohio State University, (2001).
23. K. Holmberg and A. Matthews, Coating tribology-Properties, Mechanisms, Techniques and Applications in Surface Engineering, 2th edidion, Elsevier publication, (2009).
24. C.X. Li, J. Xia and H. Dong,Sliding wear of TiAl intermetallics against steel and ceramics of Al2O3, Si3N4 and WC/Co, Wear, 261(2006)693–701.
25. J.C.A. Batista, C. Godoy, G. Pintau´de, A. Sinatora and A. Matthews, An approach to elucidate the different response of PVD coatings in different tribological tests, Surface and Coatings Technology, 174 –175(2003)891–898.
26. D. Li , J. Chen, C. Zou, J. Ma, P. Li and Y. Li, Effects of Al concentrations on the microstructure and mechanical properties of Ti–Al–N films deposited by RF-ICPIS enhanced magnetron sputtering, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 609(2014)239–243.
27. K. Holmberg and A. Matthews, Coating tribology, Second Edition, The University of Sheffield, UK, (1994).
28. K.B. and A. Kale, Oxidation and chemical state analysis of polycrystalline magnetron sputtered (Ti,Al)N films at ambient and liquid N2 temperatures, Vacuum Science & Technology, 18(2000)1571 - 1578.
29. Y.W. Kim, Effects of microstructure on the deformation and fracture of y-TiAl alloys, Materials Science and Engineering Al, 92/193 (1995)519-533.
30. C. Courbon, M.Fallqvist, J .Hardell, R.M Saoubi and B.Prakash, Adhesion tendency of PVD TiAlN coatings at elevated temperatures during reciprocating sliding against carbon steel, Wear, 330-331(2015)209–222.
31. Z.B. Qi , P. Sun, F.P. Zhu, Z.T. Wu, B. Liu, Z.C. Wang, D.L. Peng and C.H. Wu, Relationship between tribological properties and oxidation behavior of Ti0.34Al0.66N coatings at elevated temperature up to 900 °C, Surface & Coatings Technology, 231(2013)267–272.
32. A.J. Gant, M.G. Gee and L.P. Orkney, The wear and friction behaviour of engineering coatings in ambient air and dry nitrogen, Wear, 271(2011)2164– 2175.
33. Q. Luo and P. Eh. Hovsepian, Transmission electron microscopy and energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy on the worn surface of nano-structured TiAlN/VN multilayer coating, Thin Solid Films 497 (2006)203 – 209.
34. W. Tillmann, M. Dildrop and T. Sprute, Influence of nitriding parameters on the tribological properties and the adhesion of Ti- and Cr-based multilayer designs, Surface & Coatings Technology, (2014).
35. W. Tillmann, E. Vogli and S. Momeni, Mechanical and tribological properties of Ti/TiAlN duplex coatings on high and low alloy tool steels, Vacuum, 84(2010)387–392.