1. C. Donnet, A. Erdemir, Solid lubricant coatings: recent developments and future trends, Tribology Letter, 17(2004)389-397.
2. M. Gui, S.B. Kang, Aluminum hybrid composite coatings containing SiC and graphite particles by plasma spraying, Materials Letter, 51(2001)396-401.
3. H.E. Sliney, A new chromium carbide–based tribological coating for use to 900°C with particular reference to the stirling engine, Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology, 4(1986)2629-2632.
4. H.M. Wang, Y.L. Yu, S.Q. Li, Microstructure and tribological properties of laser clad CaF2/Al2O3 self–lubrication wear–resistant ceramic matrix composite coatings, Scripta Materialia, 47(2002)57-61.
5. C. Dellacorte, The effect of counterface on the tribological performance of a high temperature solid lubricant composite from 25 to 650°C, Surface and Coatings Technology, 86-87(1996)486-492.
6. R. Tyagi, D.S. Xiong, J.L. Li, J. Dai, High–temperature friction and wear of Ag/h-BN containing Ni-based composites against steel, Tribology Letter, 40(2010)181-186.
7. C.P. Mulligan, D. Gall, CrN–Ag self lubricating hard coatings, Surface and Coatings Technology, 200(2005)1495-1500.
8. J.J. Gengler, C. Muratore, A.K. Roy, J. Hu, A.A. Voevodin, S. Roy, J.R. Gord, Yttria–stabilized zirconia–based composites with adaptive thermal conductivity, Composite Science and Technology, 70(2010)2117-2122.
9. P. Sahoo, S.K. Das, Tribology of electroless nickel coatings: A review, Materials and Design, 32(2011)1760-1775.
10. J.N. Balaraju, T.S.N. Sankara Narayanan, S.K. Seshadri, Electroless Ni-P composite coatings, Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, 33(2003)807-816.
11. Y. Wu, H. Liu, B. Shen, L. Liu, W. Hu, The friction and wear of electroless Ni–P matrix with PTFE and/or SiC particles composite, Tribology International, 39(2006)553-559.
12. Y. Wu, B. Shen, L. Liu, W. Hu, The tribological behaviour of electroless Ni–P–Gr–SiC composite, Wear, 261(2006)201-207.
13. S. Vallar, D. Houivet, J. El Fallah, D. Kervadec and J.M. Haussonne, Oxide slurries stability and powders dispersion: optimization with zeta potential and rheological measurements, Journal of European Ceramics Society, 19(1999)1017-1021.
14. R. Parkinson, Properties and applications of electroless nickel, NiDI technical series, 10051(1997)1-35.
15. W. Riedel, Electroless nickelplating, 1st ed., ASM International, Ohio, 1991.
16. J.N. Balaraju, K.S. Rajam, Electroless deposition and characterization of high phosphorus Ni-P-Si3N4 composite coatings, International Journal of Electrochemical Science, 2(2007)747-761.
17. M. Madej, D. Ozimina, Electroless Ni-P-Al2O3 composite coatings, Kovove Materialy-MetallicMaterials, 44(2006)291-296.
18. I. Apachitei, F.D. Tichelaar, J. Duszczyk, L. Katgerman, The effect of heat treatment on thestructure and abrasive wear resistance of autocatalytic NiP and NiP-SiC coatings, Surface and Coatings Technology, 149(2002)263-278.
19. O.A. León, M.H. Staia, H.E. Hintermann, High temperature wear of an electroless Ni-P-BN(h) composite coating, Surface and Coatings Technology, 163-164(2003)578-584.
20. B. Harris, Engineering composite materials, 2nd ed., The Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining, London, 1999.
21. F. Li, J. Cheng, Z. Qiao, J. Ma, S. Zhu, L. Fu, J. Yang, W. Liu, A nickel alloy based high temperature self-lubricating composite with simultaneously superior lubricity and high strength, Tribology Letter, 49(2013)573-577.
22. S. Soleymani, A. Abdollah-Zadeh, S.A. Alidokht, Microstructural and tribological properties of Al5083 based surface hybrid composite produced by friction stir processing, Wear, 278-279(2012)41-47.
23. M.S. Yang, X.B. Liu, J.W. Fan, X.M. He, S.H. Shi, G.Y. Fu, M.D. Wang, S.F. Chen, Microstructure and wear behaviors of laser clad NiCr/Cr3C2-WS2 high temperature self-lubricatingwear-resistant composite coating, Applied Surface Science, 258(2012)3757-3762.
24. J.J. Hu, C. Muratore, A.A. Voevodin, Silver diffusion and high-temperature lubricationmechanisms of YSZ-Ag-Mo based nanocomposite coatings, Composite Science and Technology, 67(2007)336-347.
25. S.M. Aouadi, D.P. Singh, D.S. Stone, Polychronopoulou, K., Nahif, F., Rebholz, C., Muratore, C., Voevodin, A.A., Adaptive VN/Ag nanocomposite coatings with lubricious behavior from 25 to 1000°C, Acta Materialia, 58(2010)5326-5331.
26. D.S. Stone, J. Migas, A. Martini, T. Smith, C. Muratore, A.A. Voevodin, S.M. Aouadi, Adaptive NbN/Ag coatings for high temperature tribological applications, Surface and Coatings Technology, 206(2012) 4316-4321.
27. A.A. Voevodin, J.S. Zabinski, C. Muratore, Recent advances in hard, tough, and low friction nanocomposite coatings, Tsinghua Science and Technology, 10(2005)665-679.